Skip to main content

My life decisions

Hey guys!! Welcome back and let’s get straight into the situation. It’s going to be a long one, so grab a snack!! 

I never knew what I wanted to do in life and I feel like there’s such  pressure out there for young people to decide in secondary school. So I want to share my career with you. 

In sixth year there is such big pressure on students to figure out what they want to do with there life and you feel like a failure when you say I don’t know. ( cause I did) 

When I left school I went to study beauty therapy in crumlin college. I didn’t know if it was what I wanted to do, but everyone was saying that I like beauty so I did it because I had nothing else I wanted to do. 

Being honest with you I hated college I didn’t like anything in it. During college I was working in Claires assessories  and I went full time when I finished college because I didn’t like college and didn’t want to work in a salon.  

I then moved on to working in a fashion shop as they offered me more hours and i wanted to try working in fashion as I like fashion. But that didn’t work out for me ether as I needed a full time contract by this time and they weren’t in the position to offer me one so I had to leave. 

Moving on to being a receptionist in a hotel. I didn’t like it one bit it was boring and I just had no interest in it. So then I decided to apply for a job in a salon. I was thinking why not I’m qualified so I might as well try it. So then I moved to a salon as a full time therapist. 

I loved it but it just didn’t feel right. I’m still so young and I didn’t feel like it was my time. After a couple of weeks they changed me to part time and I can’t do part time as I have my car to pay for and everything else. So  my head was fried. I’ve had no clue what to do. I’ve already worked in retail, a hotel and a salon what else could I possibly do. I didn’t want to be going backwards but I needed something fast as Christmas is coming and my bills needed to be paided. 

So I had to take a step back into retail until I decide what I’m going to do. I’m not ashamed to be sharing this because I think that there’s so much pressure on everyone that I think people need do share there stories on how they found there career and i guess I’m still looking. 

I stayed in contact with the girls I worked it in the fashion shop and when they heard I was looking for a job they were so happy to take me back. Although I’m moving backwards I feel like I’ve accomplished so much already in my life and I’m looking forward to finding the right path for me.

I hope this helps anyone who is in school or who is like me and doesn’t know what they want to do. 


Louise Claire X

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting a new path!!

My life has changed so much in the past two and a half months. Between going to college, starting my first job, handling my Anxiety and my boyfriend moving away. Sometimes you want to go back to being a child again when you didn't have to worry about anything. But moving forward in life is so important, because if you don't move forward you'll be stuck in the same place. I'm a very quiet person, i keep my problems to myself until i explode and try to keep my problems under control. When i was in 4th class i was tested for Dyslexia and it came back that i was Dyslexic. I was always very embarrassed about it, i never read out loud in class and i  was always failing my spelling tests. I was taking out off my class for English and Maths as i was too slow of a worker and i needed extra help. Now that I'm In College I'm a bit more open about it because i need more help than other people and if you don't say anything your never going to get the help y

The past 6 months of my life

Hey guys welcome back!! I know I’ve been missing for a really long time now and I really don’t know what to say. I’m sad that I stopped doing what I loved but I was very busy as something came up and it was hard to get through. I wasn’t  really doing anything with my life and that’s why I couldn’t share anything. For my friends and family who know my boyfriend who I’ve been with for 6 years now was very ill. We had many trips to the doctors and the hospital with so many different diagnoses. Finally after 5 months we figured out that he has a neurological virus (PPPD). The doctors don’t really have an estimated recovery time for this as apparently it’s a new thing. So I didn’t want to bore you guys with this. He will get better and it’s not life treating it just take times to get through it. He couldn't get out of bed for months as his dizziness was to bad. He also had to stop the gym too as he was to sick. If you follow my boyfriend on Instagram you would know his life is

Unclogging Them Pores

Good Evening Everyone, After a weekend of a full face of makeup everyday, I think it's time we unclog them pores and have fresh skin for the week. I sure know my skin gets exhausted all the time from wearing makeup and from time to time we need to treat our skin so our makeup can sit nicely on top. I am absolutely in love with the Liz Earle range, I've been using this range since I was about 10 years old, which would mean that I've been using it for 10 years (since I'm turning 20 soon). When I was younger I suffered with acne and my mam shared her cleanser with me and it did wonders to my skin. 1.The first product is the Cleanse & Polish hot cloth cleanser . Its natural ingredients are  Rosemary (which helps to remove scars from acne with its anti inflammatory agent), Chamomile (calming down sensitive skin), Cocoa butter (prevents dryness of the skin) And Eucalyptus essential oil ( the inhalation of sweet-smelling oil helps relax the body). Its super sof